From our colleagues at http://endurancesportswire.com/
It looks like HITS is going after IM :), only Hawaii is missing.
August 24th, 2011
Saugerties, NY – August 24, 2011 – Looking to create the highest quality events possible, HITS, Inc. today announced that the HITS Triathlon Series will provide a wide range of first-class amenities for racers and spectators. The HITS Triathlon Series is the first race series to feature five distances at each event with events taking place at unique destinations all year long.
“Triathletes train hard and many travel a significant distance to race. Hence, HITS is putting in as much effort to make the race experience special as the triathletes put into preparing for their event,” said Mark Wilson, race director for the HITS Triathlon Series. “From good food and well-marked courses to individual bike racks and streaming event coverage, we want everyone at a HITS Triathlon event to feel like a pro.”
Below is a sampling of special amenities competitors, friends and family can expect to experience at HITS Triathlon events:
- On-site food service for athletes and spectators with a healthy assortment of offerings for purchase
- Complimentary shuttle transportation for athletes, family and friends where needed
- Chip timing with remote detection points and text message updates available
- Individual bike racks with personal seat and box for belongings
- On-site bike shop/repair at every event
- Massive score-board with minute-to-minute updates
- Live streaming coverage of all distances for online and race-day viewing on multiple flat screens throughout course/VIP/transition areas
- Top-notch VIP tent for athletes, sponsors and family/friends
- Leaders in all distances will have an escort vehicle (Bike-car/motorcycle; Run-bicycle)
- Swim courses are marked with 2-meter floats and safety vessels every 20 meters
- Family/friends welcome to cross finish line with athletes
- Athlete welcome parties and award ceremonies with free food
- Champions crowned first through third in one year age groups
- Dave Scott video tips and online training program
- Great swag/goodie bags
HITS Triathlon Series also has a partnership with Raceday Transport to provide bike and gear transport services to HITS Triathlon events. A full list of amenities can be found at http://hitstriathlonseries.com/register/athlete-amenities.
The first HITS Triathlon Series event kicks off in Palm Springs, December 3-4, 2011, providing the best opportunity for triathletes to race during the winter months.
About HITS, Inc.
HITS, Inc. is a special events management company primarily focused on producing endurance sports events and hunter/jumper horse shows. Based in upstate New York in the village of Saugerties, HITS is dedicated to creating high-quality events in desirable destinations with unmatched, professional operations. For more information about the HITS Triathlon Series, please visit www.hitstriathlonseries.com.